Tuesday 25 February 2014

Lula Bops Tearoom


Afternoon Tea at Lula Bops Tearooms

When a friend linked me to their Facebook page and asked if I wanted to go for our long overdue catch up, I believe I responded with 'need you ask?' Hehe!


On first glance it doesn't quite fit in with the surrounding stores but that makes it all the more endearing when you walk through the door.


From the pink striped wallpaper to the chandelier this place combines cute with classy in a gorgeous way.  We went during their opening week so they had a limited menu but even with the limited choice I found it difficult to decide on what I wanted.

The tea on choice was from a company called Brewhaha a completely new to me brand! I love trying new brands as I then have no preconceptions about previous cuppas.


Once we decided on our drinks we then had to decide on sweet treats, decisions, decisions!
As it happens I went for a cup of Brewhoho Christmas with two buttered crumpets, Nicola went for a Hot Chocolate with Whipped Cream & Flake and a scone with clotted cream & jam.

These arrived while we continued to found ourselves drawn to all the various bits & bobs on all the shelves, with almost everything available to buy we made sure our purses quickly returned to our bags or we might have bought the lot!


When the food & drinks arrived conversation stopped momentarily as we dove into our cups. My tea arrived in a teapot for one set, with a cute little cow milk jug further adding to the cuteness of the experience. Nicolas hot chocolate was almost overflowing with cream so she was thrilled. 

I got two full teacups from my little teapot, as we sipped our drinks we knew we'd be ordering more after having such a hard time deciding to begin with.

My Christmas brew was everything I associate with Christmas, it was Chai like but with an almost gingerbread hint to it, I am definitely a fan of this brand and will be adding some to my stash very soon.

After finishing our brews we turned back to the menu for more tea! I decided on the Rose while Nicola went for the Chai, I also cheekily ordered some chocolate cake.


Both these brews arrived in the same cute teapot for one sets with another cow milk jug! My Rose brew was sweet without needing any sugar at all. The chocolate cake was wonderfully decadent and just a hint away from being sickly.

All in all I can say this was a fantastic experience that I can't wait to repeat. The Lula Bops Tearoom has gained two lifelong fans.

As I live about an hour way unfortunately I can't just pop in for a quick cuppa like I'd love to, but as Nicola is local I'm certain she'll be back before long!

No comments:

Post a Comment