Monday 27 January 2014

Twinings Pre-Release - Sweet Green Teas

Twinings Sweet Green Teas

Pre-release goodie box

When I opened the plain white package that has been left on my doormat I could hardly imagine it would contain such a beautiful box! A high quality black box wrapped in a neatly tied ribbon.


Inside is 4 sheets of green tissue paper, 2 in a pine green and 2 in a lime green. After peeling back the layers of paper I was confronted by the artwork for the 3 flavours I have the honour of being one of the first members of the public to try. With this artwork was a detailed description of each of the flavours plus details of their release and where to buy them.


Also there was a page listing some bonus extras in my box, 3 specially baked cake pops to accompany each flavour made by Bianca Benn of Cake Pop Princess

First I tried the Sweet Green Tea - Gingerbread (I never can resist anything gingerbread flavoured)
This tea smells like freshly baked gingerbread, while waiting for the tea to cool enough to drink I could hardly resist sticking my nose in and taking continuous deep breaths! Once this amazing blend cooled down, my first sip was sublime, there was no hint of bitterness which can be found in some green teas, this has to be the best gingerbread tea I have ever tasted! I could drink this again and again without ever finding it sickly, no ingredients were listed on my sample bag so I can only speculate as to what really made this taste so truly fantastic what I do know is that this will definitely be a firm favourite in my tea stash! I will be raving about this until I can buy a box to share around!

After finishing this beautiful cup I then tucked into my Gingerbread Cake Pop, I've never had a cake pop before, you've just made a fan of me! Although I imagine they are slightly counterproductive to the low calorie count of 4 this range of teas boast I find that I don't actually care, they are that good! Chances are the pops will last a lot longer than the tea as they are sickly but oh so good!

The second I tried was the Sweet Green Tea - Salted Caramel. This has a more subtle fragrance than the Gingerbread but you can definitely tell the flavour from its scent. Once it had cooled enough for me to drink, it was so smooth and creamy despite there being no milk at all! If I'd closed my eyes I could have sworn I was eating a sweet, I am falling in love with this range and I'm falling hard! The failing of some sweet ranges is that they quickly become overbearing, the sweetness in this range coupled with the green tea is a brilliant combination, they compliment each other perfectly.

As with my last cup I once more felt the need to open my matching Cake Pop! This one was less sickly than the gingerbread with bits of caramel to give it an added crunch! I will definitely be treating some of my lovely ladies to some of these for their upcoming birthdays!

And finally I opened the Sweet Green Tea - Caramel Apple. This has a more strong fragrance than the Salted Caramel but not as strong as the Gingerbread, at first this one put me in the mind of Twinings own Camomile & Spiced Apple but with a sweeter hint. I found this one almost filling, if I was to serve this to friends after dinner there would be no need for a separate desert. The flavour was rich, intense and stayed with me long after the final sip.

To finish this wonderful experience I had my final cake pop! The Caramel Apple one, as I'd found the others a little heavy going I took this one into work to share! Thankfully there were cakes in the office already or this beauty would have grown legs and disappeared very quickly! I will be passing on the details to most of the however as there were lots of 'oooos' and 'ahhhhs' from people passing my desk!

All in all this has been a wonderful taste journey, the teas have all been fantastic! I can't wait for these to appear in my local Waitrose as I will be filling my trolley and keeping a steady supply in my cupboard at home and at the office. I will also be a steady customer of Bianca Benn of Cake Pop Princess!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks Louise, I will be getting this, I no longer have a tea cupboard, I know have a tea closet.

    ReplyDelete